Tiro Security Co-Founder and Head of Penetration Testing, Rob Pope will be speaking at the world renowned SXSW Conference in Austin, TX on the 14th March 2018.
Rob will be infusing some of his British humor into the talk entitled Internet of Scary Things: Botnet in a Box. For more information please click here.
We have posted these before but here is a reminder of a few things you can do to minimize your chances of having your smart home hacked:
- Always keep your devices installed with the latest updates
- If multifactor authentication is available, use it
- Always change default usernames and passwords
- Put your IoT device on a separate network from your computer
- Do not use insecure or public WiFi networks with these devices
Tiro Security are a Los Angeles based Information Security company who help businesses protect themselves from cyber security issues by helping build out security programs and providing cyber security professional services. We have performed multiple IoT device penetration tests so if you are in the IOT business and have concerns about your product please contact us.